Welcome Wilkommen Bienvenue

Thanks for visiting ! Please leave me comments, I love to read what you might think about the boutis (which is also known as "Broderie de Marseille"), please share with me what you have seen, what you love, how-tos, good museums to visit, pattern origins, and so on ..... you get the idea !

Sunday, January 31, 2016

Petassoun with embroidered frill

I have had this petassoun for a while, but for some reason didn't write about it.   It is an off-white color, with a fine embroidered frill.  The petassoun itself is very  nice, one small mark which I hope to remove with washing, but I haven't done that yet.   The frill, which seems about the same age as the piece, is put on a little untidily in my opinion.  It makes me think that the person stitching knew her boutis, but less about how to finish !  See what you think ......




Against the pure white of the quilt, you can really see how cream the boutis is.

We have had much colder, some days very wet weather.   Doesn't seem to have stopped my hibiscus from blooming though !
This is "masked bandit" with curled petals and a brown shaded center.

This last bloom is huge - plate sized.

This afternoon I am planning on setting up my sewing machine for the first time since the beginning of December.  I also want to work on my Schwalm practice piece.  Happy Sunday to all.

5 comments:

Angelikas quilts and knits said...

Liebe Heather,
das ist eine ganz wunderbare Handarbeit. Vielen Dank für´s zeigen :-)

Liebe Grüße
Angelika

Lou said...

Ton pétasson est magnifique ! je m'en souvenais ;) et tes hibiscus merveilleux j'en suis jalouse ! je n'arrive pas à en garder un seul :((

Karen said...

Let us know how your Schwalm comes along. I did order my kit but have not received it yet.

Marie du Gard said...

Très joli ce pétassoun. Peut être le verrai-je au salon de Caissargues en mai prochain!....
La date arrive très vite et cela est un vrai plaisir de revoir un peu tout le monde. Tes hibiscus sont magnifiques, de belles couleurs comme j'aime. Belle journée et gros bisous Heather.

hiromi said...

It is quite beautiful and seems to be in good condition. I really love your collection of antique boutis :))