Welcome Wilkommen Bienvenue

Thanks for visiting ! Please leave me comments, I love to read what you might think about the boutis (which is also known as "Broderie de Marseille"), please share with me what you have seen, what you love, how-tos, good museums to visit, pattern origins, and so on ..... you get the idea !

Saturday, February 28, 2015

Mid Pinellas Quilt Show

Yesterday and today my guild, PQs, is hosting a show with two other groups at the Seminole Rec center.  Go if you can, this is such a nice show !   We were scheduled to work a couple of hours last evening, but since the crowds had come through earlier in the day it was quiet and we could look at the quilts.  Here are some of my favorites with names if I knew them:
Such a nice Kim Diehl pattern, I believe this belongs to Cathy Blanchard.

My large boutis, does not really come into its own with the pale background.

I have this pattern but only made one block I think, this is a lovely version of it.

Becky Madasz's beautiful version of Hop to It

and her lovely civil war quilt.  I have made this and loved every minute of it, Lou now owns that one. I am making another for myself, all blocks are done as well as the applique, need to put everything together (and I'm inspired to do that this weekend !)

Becky again, this is her own design.  I remember her drawing the house.  I also have the kit, never made, but I did play around with some different design options.

This was in the entry way, I do not recall whose quilt this was, beautiful though.

Another lovely Kim Diehl design.

My original design offered to PQs last year as a block of the month project.
A handmade Dear Jane - and perfect too !  What can I say, doesn't get better than this.  Made by the very talented Joan Petrelli.
The Caswell quilt, made by Margerite Connolly - fabulous red background !  Marguerite has a great eye for color.

Aren't these trees amazing ?  Cathy Starman made this, I have never seen this pattern but love it.

Many versions of this pumpkin quilt were on show, some bigger, some smaller.  Needless to say, I have this kit too, which came from Country Quilts years ago.  Need to make it, they all looked so cute.

Margerite again, I believe - sorry the color looks so odd, in fact this was a rich blue/purple batik.

Lovely schoolhouses in indgo by Marilyn Allison - this is one for Lou !

Love this, vibrant colors, made by Sue Lorenz.

Janet's Bunny Hill calendar quilt - this was a freebie one year, and Janet made such cute blocks.  Love the blue/grey setting colors.

Wool, made by Janis Magee - her quilts are just amazing, I looked at several in this show and they were all different, interesting, different methods and themes, from a truly creative person.

Yes, have this pattern too - lovely version of this with beads and sparkles.
 
 
******* PS - The show is over now, and when I went to pick up my quilts yesterday, I found that both boutis had won a ribbon !  There was a visitors choice ribbon in a number of categories, and the boutis won for wallhanging and miniature.  I was so thrilled, especially because this was a visitors vote, and it is important to me that people should love boutis !!!
Je suis super contente que mes boutis ont ete fort apprecies par les visiteurs, et ont gagne tous les deux un ruban pour la choix des visiteurs.  C'est pour moi tres important que le "vrai" boutis soit reconnu !

8 comments:

Heather said...

Thanks for sharing these lovely quilts. Lots of eye candy in this post and like you there are several that I have the patterns for!

Lou said...

Ces quilts sont très beaux, c'est vraiment une belle expo ! Merci pour le partage des photos

Seams French said...

What talented quilters in your guild! All the quilts are beautiful, and your boutis quilt is stand out amazing!

hiromi said...

What a wonderful show! Everything is great work. I am very happy to see your large boutis and original quilt. Thank you for sharing these photos.

Karen said...

Heather your boutis is tres magnifique! I would love to see it in person!

Marie du Gard said...

Magnifique exposition. De bien jolis ouvrages.
Merci pour ces belles photos. Gros bisous. A très bientôt.

Heather said...

Thanks for the lovely comments, it is so encouraging ! I love making the larger boutis, so this is giving me a boost to keep going with the current one !

Donna in SW PA said...

All are so nice. Beautiful work!