Welcome Wilkommen Bienvenue

Thanks for visiting ! Please leave me comments, I love to read what you might think about the boutis (which is also known as "Broderie de Marseille"), please share with me what you have seen, what you love, how-tos, good museums to visit, pattern origins, and so on ..... you get the idea !

Thursday, April 26, 2012

1st National Boutis Salon 11,12,13 May 2012 at Caissargues

I am so thrilled to be able to take part in the 1st National boutis day organized by France Boutis !  I am going to be in Europe and amazingly, I am able to go to France this particular weekend.   I have signed up to take a class with renowned French contemporary boutis designer and architect, M. Hubert Valeri - so I will be spending all day Saturday enjoying that class, visiting with friends old and new, as well as just enjoying being in the middle of some fabulous boutis pieces.

There will be lots of photos afterwards to enjoy (I bought a new camera especially for this trip), but bear in mind it is not always allowed to photograph things in France, so I will only be able to show those where permission is given.  I will be staying with Lou and we have a wonderful weekend of friendship and stitching planned.  I have one suitcase - and it already has plenty of sewing supplies in it to go to France !

Here are the official flyers for the exhibition - go if you can, be sure to check the France Boutis blog for more information and links to other articles about fabulous first "Salon".

Hubert Valeri go here to see his wonderful designs







7 comments:

Angelikas quilts and knits said...

Ich freue mich riesig für Dich, dass Du dabe sein kannst :-) Das wird ganz sicher ein wunderbares Wochenende !
Liebe Grüße
Angelika

Donna in SW PA said...

Oh how wonderful!! Lucky you.

hiromi said...

Have a lovely stay with Lou! I look forward to hearing from you about the class with M. Hubert Valeri and about your stay in the South France.
Hiromi xxx

Nini Petits Boutis said...

J'étais heureuse de te voir là bas aujourd'hui!
Bisous +++

céline said...

Did you enjoy your journey in France, the 1st national boutis salon, the class with H. Valeri ?
I was there saturday and sunday ( my mom is the president of France boutis). and I was amazed by the wonderful pieces of work.
Sunday, we had a special guest : Elisabeth Ferriol, the "9th queen of Arles" in the traditional dress.
I took a lot of pictures (a lot ! ! !) . You can see most on france boutis blog site.
enjoy.

Heather said...

Hello Celine,
I had a WONDERFUL time in France, I adore the boutis and have done since I discovered it some years ago. I wish we had come back on Sunday to see Elisabeth Ferriol in costume, that would have been wonderful.
Your mother is doing a fantastic job as President, you must congratulate her on the great success of the salon !
Hope to meet you next time
Heather

Heather said...

Hello Celine,
I had a WONDERFUL time in France, I adore the boutis and have done since I discovered it some years ago. I wish we had come back on Sunday to see Elisabeth Ferriol in costume, that would have been wonderful.
Your mother is doing a fantastic job as President, you must congratulate her on the great success of the salon !
Hope to meet you next time
Heather