Welcome Wilkommen Bienvenue

Thanks for visiting ! Please leave me comments, I love to read what you might think about the boutis (which is also known as "Broderie de Marseille"), please share with me what you have seen, what you love, how-tos, good museums to visit, pattern origins, and so on ..... you get the idea !

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Boutis - Prize at Jacksonville Quiltfest

In a previous post I showed some photos of my recently completed vanne - and I am delighted to say that it won 2nd place in Other Techniques at Jacksonville, as well as the Judge's Recognition ribbon. I am very grateful, especially as I hope that others who saw the piece will be interested in learning how to stitch boutis, and discover more about this delightful art of the needle.

3 comments:

Lou said...

Congratulations !!!

hiromi said...

Great prize! Congratulations, Heather!!!

Angelikas quilts and knits said...

Liebe Heather,
ich gratuliere Dir ganz herzlich zu diesem Erfolg ! Das ist wirklich ein ganz besonderes Prachtstück :-)
Liebe Grüße
Angelika